Thursday, June 25, 2015

Doctors.....

So I mentioned that I hurt my knee, well it was 2 weeks before my half-marathon and still my knee was hurting like crazy, swollen and I was afraid that I wouldnt be able to run my race (the one that i have been busting my butt for).

So after seeing my GP and doing the xrays, mri and ultrasound and feeling no better I decided to self refer myself to an Ortho.  I heard great things about Twin City Othopedic and decided that I needed to get some answers.

I called in, made my appt and met with Dr. Wolfe.  Dr Wolfe was awesome.  He took some new xrays of my knee and did some tests and then told me that I basically have little cartlidge in my knee and that when I twisted it, I casued a trama too it that caused the swelling.  He also said that its kind of the facts of life and its gonna be there.

So after talking with him about my exercise options (he kind of yelled by not yelling about the intensity levels I was maintaining for my work outs), and then we decided to drain my knee.  It sounded gross, looked gross, and after removing 66cc's of fluid and having a cortisone injection my knee looked and felt like a brand new knee again.

2 Weeks to race day!


No comments:

Post a Comment