Monday, May 4, 2015

Training Schedules

Well after we picked that race, I decided that I better be prepared when it comes time to actually run my race.  The race by the way is June 6th!!

So again, after scouring the wonderful world wide web, I decided on this schedule:


I have been modifing it to fit my needs,  added more weeks, since I was more than 16 weeks out, and HELLO  I can't cut out my Zumba, and after some research I found out that Zumba is good cross-training!

I decided also that I needed to run some races between then (Jan) and now (May) so that I could make sure I was ready.

The first 3 weeks of running were horrible.  I asked myself countless times WHY.  Why did I choose to do this?  Why Running?

The pain in my shins and calves were horrible, which was remedied by getting a new pair of shoes (I love my Hoka's).  I still couldnt run more then about .3 of a mile at that point with out stopping and come on I just wasn't a runner.

Then I started running outside on Saturday's with New Hope YMCA run club.  That was interesing to  say the least.  My snot froze to my face, my legs were pink in patches and I kept thinking WHY?

Well, on week 4 I came to a new realization.  I enjoyed being out side..Sure it was cold, but only for the first mile, until my muscles warmed up.  I still couldnt run very far without stopping, and it hurt, but it was my hurt.  Everytime I finished a run I would say the same thing, at least I finished and I know, I'm not that fast.  My friends kept telling me to not worry about my time, that will come when it does, to focus on the finish.

That's a hard thing to do when your running with a run club and there all out of site and its only been 5 mins in to the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment