Monday, May 4, 2015

Why Running

So back in January, I made myself a goal.  I said that I wanted to lose 52 pounds.  Thats 1 pound every week of the year and why not.

Having set that goal I decided I need to pick something to do that would keep me engaged.  I picked Zumba!  I love Zumba, I love dancing around and being silly, I love shaking my booty, moving my arms, and having fun with this great group of women that I was working out with.

This group of women is my Mom's group from the YMCA, its a bunch of us that got sick of sitting there watching our children swim on the swim team for hours at a time 4 nights a week.  Jen starting going to Zumba first, after hearing about how much fun it was I decided to give it a try.  Okay, seriously the first month was a trying expierence, I looked like a spaz (yes a complete spaz) and my body hurt in places that I didn't know I had!  But as I kepy going I started to have this Love/Love relationship with it and found that if I missed Zumba I was very sad.

Right around this time my best friend had decided that for some insane crazy reason she maybe wanted to run a half marathon.  Good Luck I told her.  Your crazy!!!  She asked me if I wanted to join her, I told her I'd be there to cheer her on.  

Well a couple days later I decided why not? I'm not a runner by any means, but its been on a bucket list.  How cool would that be, to be able to say I accomplished something I always wanted to do????  So I set out to run a half marathon.  The one that we were going to run, ended up not being the one for us.   Well after researching all the Half-Marathons that were out there in the Twin Cities (and believe me there are a ton of them) we decided on Lola's Half Marathon in Wacona, MN.







1 comment:

  1. You look awesome, I can easily see the weight-loss but far more stunning is your shining joy from the inside. You glow and you amaze me and I'm so proud of you. Setting goals and not stopping until you reach them IS what it's all about. Glorious accomplishment step-by-step on your steadfast trail. Love you. God bless you. I will be cheering you on in spirit, always.

    ReplyDelete